Early childhood education has a strong focus on sight words and high-frequency words to establish a necessary foundation for reading and writing competency. With that in mind, this kit is designed to help your little strengthen their literacy skills through a variety of prompts:
- Read - place word(s) of your choice in the top section for them to read out loud
- Build - use the letter tiles to build the word(s) in the middle section
- Write - practice writing the word(s) in the bottom section, focusing on appropriate letter formation and proportions
- wooden base with 3 sections
- 26 wooden alphabet tiles (lowercase OR uppercase)
- 1 acrylic wildcard (blank) tile
- lined acrylic writing insert
- black dry-erase marker with built in eraser
Note: word cards are not included with kit purchase (those pictured are for demonstration purposes only). Since each child learns at their own pace, simply create your own word cards suitable to the child's reading level and revise them as they master them.
Materials & Measurements:
- Base = natural baltic birch, laser cut and assembled (12.5"L x 11.5"W x 0.5"H)
- Letter Tiles = natural baltic birch, laser engraved (1.75"L x 1.15"W x 0.25"H)
- Writing Board = 4mm clear acrylic laser etched on underside (11"L x 1.75"W)
- Marker = fine-tip low odour dry-erase (4.5" end to end)
Production time on this item is approximately 1-2 weeks. This is when we would have your order ready for shipping via Canada Post or available for free local pickup. You will receive a message as soon as your item is ready.